Susannah's kindergarten class held a beautiful advent service in the Monte Cassino chapel. They children led us in prayer, readings, and Christmas music. It was a special service and Michael and I are so proud of our sweet Susannah.
Christmas Party time!
Susannah's fall musical was Shrek. She played Pinocchio and did a fantastic job!
Susannah, front and center
The cast
Miss Fran (music) and Miss Courtney (dance and director)
Yeah Susannah! You make us so proud!!
Susannah and her good friend Lily, aka Geppeto :)
After the show, the actress chose Hideaway for her celebration dinner. We also had two birthdays to celebrate...Happy Birthday Mimi Jane and Happy Birthday Papa!
I don't know why Susannah is crossing her eyes or why Russell can't just smile?!?!?
Russell's MDO program performed a Christmas Music Show. Our little reindeer did a great job singing his heart out and doing all the arm movements. Way to go Russell buddy! You fill our hearts with Christmas joy!!
A little peace during this busy Christmas season......
It's Christmas theater time! Susannah and I met London and Mary Catherine to see "A Christmas Carol" and then Susannah went to see "The Nutcraker" with Camryn. Susannah said "Mom, they don't talk" and I replied "Yes, it's the ballet" to which she quickly responded "Well, I like talking, I prefer the theater."
Susannah's theater group performed "Shrek" one more time at the local mall. We invited all of her friends and then hit the food court for Chick-fil-a. Susannah said "This is the BEST NIGHT EVER!"
Davis Ward, Maddie Zeiders, Camryn Bridwell, London Ward, Elijah and Jonah Moore, Katherine Lee, Susannah, Claire Claflin
On Christmas Eve, the church put on The Christmas Story and Susannah and Russell performed. Susannah was a stable lamb and Russell was one of the stars. They were precious acting out the birth of Jesus. I didn't expect to be so emotional for me, but God was definitely pulling on my heart strings! Michael held Russell above his head and the spotlight shined on him while the wise men arrived. He was so cute! He put his little hands up and smiled so big, twinkling like the big star that he is. I will never forget that precious moment.
Christmas Eve is coming to an end...it's time to go to sleep for Santa!
Merry Christmas!
Susannah was very excited about her Hello Kitty snuggie and I passed down my American Girl doll, Kirsten. Susannah gave Russell a policeman weapon set...I feel so safe now :)
Some silly Christmas reading....Turkey Claus
December 26 we were off to OKC to celebrate with this crew!
Two days later we were off to Plano to celebrate Christmas and New Years
Frozen girl!
On New Year's Eve, Michael and I went to the SMU basketball game. Pony up! And we found Michael's letter jacket :)