It's book fair time!
Miss Susannah and Miss Maddie
Russell's favorite book fair purchase - The Three Ninja Pigs - a book that combines the three little pigs, the big bad wolf, and ninja fighting, perfect!
I chaired the book fair this year and this handsome devil was quite a trooper, we spent many long hours together working (and shopping :))!
And Susannah was a huge helper in the mornings and after school...she especially loved setting up, and taste testing (!!), the goodies for Books for Breakfast.
Clifford and the Cat with Susannah's kindergarten class
Whoa Mustangs! We went to the SMU vs Tulsa football game to cheer on our favorite team. Pony up!
Captain America and Wonder Woman, here to save the day!! Susannah and Russell take their dress up and role playing very seriously. Michael and I love listening to their words and imaginations flow.
Ok, I had to take this next picture because this says it all about dinner at our house. I am not even going to try and pretend that my kids eat everything I make, whatever I prepare, love all foods, blah blah blah. They have their opinions, their own taste buds, and heaven knows they change their little minds constantly.
One time they sat down at the table and both - BOTH - kids started crying immediately. Russell cried over the fact that he "can't" eat vegetables anymore, only chips; and Susannah cried because she "doesn't like any of the food but doesn't want to say anything to hurt my feelings." I just had to laugh - it was either that or kill them both and that's never a good choice. And what a relief to laugh so hard with my wonderful Michael...silver lining, right?
So back to this particular evening - a sure winner is always pizza....but this night was very interesting. Here's our prepping pizza conversation.....
"Susannah, what do you want on your pizza?" "I want mine plain"
"Russell, what do you want on your pizza?" "Cheese and butter beans"
I guess my work here is done. Bon appetit!
Watch out for these 3 amigos! Russell, Davis and Max are always running around, laughing, wrestling. Russell and Max especially are always laughing...you never know what's up with those two! It's such a joy for me, Ashley and Mary Catherine to watch.
Happy Birthday Jonah! Susannah and Russell obviously had fun :)
Princesses always wear their crowns
Sophie has started a new habit - the minute we start reading to Susannah at bedtime, she runs up the stairs and joins us. If the door is closed, she will nudge it, as delicately as a great dane possibly can :), until she is in the room with us, curled up, listening to the story. This just pulls my heart strings. Susannah is also learning to read and Sophie will lay next to her for as long as Susannah wishes, whenever she wishes, while she reads. We love you so much Sophie dog.
Russell's school Thanksgiving Feast
We went to OKC for Thanksgiving and celebrated Brookie's 1st Birthday, went to a Thunder game, and visited friends.
On Saturday, my mom and I took the kids to the Devon Christmas village to kick-off the Christmas season. The kids had a great time seeing all the decorations, crafting, meeting Santa and other Christmas characters, and visiting the Myriad Gardens.
An entire village made of candy...so yummy!
The gardens were beautifully decorated
Amateur cave dwellers

