OKC was hit Tuesday by a bad snow storm. Luckily, we had no ice and our electricity stayed on, so the Brown house survived. Other than the fact that I completely dislike the snow and cold weather (-15 is so awful!), things have been pretty good. Michael's been working from home and Susannah and I have been entertaining ourselves with some fun indoor activities.
Following breakfast Tuesday, Susannah disappeared to her room for a few minutes. She returned and had changed into this nice ensemble and proceeded to tell us that she was now dressed to go play in the snow. Poor thing was so sad when I told her that she might get a bit cold, but she looked fabulous!
We baked some brownies....Susannah's a fantastic taste-tester :)
Our little artist! Susannah's been an arts and crafts extraordinaire.
Ok, so there is one thing that does make me smile about the snow - watching Sophie play in it. It's just an awesome sight. Susannah giggled the entire time while watching her, she thought Sophie was pretty cool. It was really cute when Susannah grabbed her step stool so she could see her better. Next time, we'll have to buy some waterproof snow gear so Susannah can play outside with her. Enjoy these pics.....
We have also had fun cuddling on the couch with books and watching TV. TV rules are thrown out when you're stuck inside, so we've watched some of Susannah's favorite shows and Finding Nemo together. We even watched some of my shows, which was a first for us - and probably a last because I believe that I've hit a new low as a mom. Not because we watched some Bobby Flay and Ina Garten, but because we watched 2 episodes of I Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant. I know, I'm terrible, just terrible. But Susannah loved seeing the babies and I still can't get over how these women don't know they're pregnant! I at least knew to turn off TLC when The Baby Story came on because there was a woman giving birth in the bathtub. OMG, it was awful. I turned it off immediately, but Susannah kept asking to see the "lady in the bathtub." Seriously, Susannah could have been scared for life....it freaked me out enough as an adult woman!
I think it's about time for us to get out of the house again, but we have enjoyed our few days of downtime together. Bye, Bye snow and cold....please!





