Previous Posts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Fun-Filled January!

One would think that things slow down after the holidays, but not for us! We have had one fun January. Susannah is as precious as ever and we're enjoying her so much.  Here are pictures from throughout the month.

Let's start with the Lawrence Welk show.  That's right, the PBS musical variety show that originally ran from the 50's to the early 70's.  Susannah loves it.  They sing songs from her favorite musicals and dance...she thinks it's the best show ever.  I love the picture below because as soon as the musician sat down at the piano, she ran to her playroom, grabbed her keyboard and started "playing" along with him.  It was so cute.  Then when a couple came out to ballroom dance, she called for Michael and brought him in the living room and asked "Can we dance like them?"  Oh, melt my heart.  It was so sweet.  And Michael told Susannah that this was her great-granddaddy's favorite show too.  Love these moments.
 


Miss America wave!  Susannah's practicing her wave and she has a new love - Rice Krispies.  Gosh, I feel like a bad mom.  I've gone from shredded wheat to rice krispies, great.  She puts them in her yogurt in the mornings and the cutest part is she calls them "snap, krackle, pop."  She's convinced that's the name of the cereal. 


Susannah loves her new fish Dori.  She helps feed and wash her bowl.  She's doing a great job with her new pet.


Ok, so sometimes she gets a little too excited and thinks she can get in the bowl with Dori.  We're working on that! :)


I took Susannah to a toddler program about bunnies at the zoo.  She met Jefferson, the rabbit, and learned all about what bunnies eat and where they live.  She made a bunny to take home and even climbed through a "bunny" tunnel.  She loved it.  And my favorite part is that she has been hooked on eating raw carrots ever since the program because that's what Jefferson eats.  Thank you Jefferson!


And yes, she still loves to dress up....Daddy's boots work great!


I love this outfit...underneath this precious coat is the matching dress.  Thank you Becca for such a precious outfit - we love dressing Susannah in it!


Yet another hair picture.  I love it and I think I'm going to have to trim it soon.  Will the curls stay or go?  Either way, pretty sure I will cry at the haircut.


Pajama and Pancake Day at School:  Susannah wore her pajamas to school and they had a special "breakfast" lunch.  She was so excited about this day - pj's and pancakes are two of her favorites.  She was squealing about it on the way to school and when we arrived she grabbed my hand and we ran in together.  It was so fun to see her excitement.  Here she is on our way out the door and she had found Michael's IPOD.  She's jammin'!


At school with her Superman friend on pajama day.  She loves doing artwork at school.  Her teacher told me that she gets a kick out of watching Susannah do her work because she takes it so seriously.  I guess she stays very focused, no smiles.  That's all her daddy, I think! :)  She's always excited to display it when she gets home and we are very proud of our little artist! 


Mickey's Magic Show came through town and we took Susannah.  She loved it.  All her disney friends and princesses were there and she was thrilled to see them in real life.