Previous Posts
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Journaling
This one's for Susannah's book so she can read it later. No pictures, just me talking about the joys of Susannah. Today Susannah told me that I was her best friend. I'm still tearing up. We were rocking together and she reached up and hugged me really tightly and said I was her best friend. I will forever remember her smile and giggle and her arms pulling around my neck when she said it. We've been rocking alot the past few days because Susannah is sick. Not anything scary, just a big ol' nasty cold. It doesn't surprise me because we have spent almost all our time the past 2 weeds playing outside, obviously playing a little too hard! So, we've stayed inside since Sunday, our daily walk being the only excursion. Yesterday we made a giant pillow palate on our bed and hooked up the old TV/VCR combo and watched my disney videos. Susannah loved it. Of course, during Cinderella, all she wanted to see was the cat, Lucipher. I tried to explain the story wasn't about the cat and he's in fact a little naughty. She didn't care, she loved him and thought he was completely silly, therefore hilarious. This morning Susannah ran into my bathroom after my shower and said "Mommy, you need make-up!" Yes, Susannah, yes I do. She proceeded to ask if she could get some too....now I see where we're going with this :) Yesterday Natalie brought Susannah a halloween kitty named "Fraidy." Susannah calls her Sally. Why? b/c that's Natalie's cat's name and therefore every cat's name - silly question! Sally joined us for dinner last night, Susannah set her place and served her an orange on a plate. After dinner she sat Sally in the playroom and then explained to her how to stack blocks. Susannah has entered the "pretend" stage and it is so sweet to listen to her talk to her stuffed animals and baby dolls. Oh, and Michael got a new car. Susannah thinks it's really important. Anytime we talk about Daddy she immediately asks, "in his new car?" Doesn't matter what we're talking about, she just want to know if it's happening in his new car. Actually it sounds like this "newww carrr" Obviously Michael's excitement for his new ride has spilled over into Susannah. On the car subject, when he had the jeep, we carpooled alot (moody jeep). Susannah loved taking Michael to and from work. It was so fun to watch her hug him good-bye in the mornings and get excited as he walked to the car at night. And I'm pretty sure Susannah's the only 2 year-old in town that says "It's daddy's office" when we turn on the street and I loved hearing her little voice say it. She cried last week when she woke-up and he had already left for work. When I told her that he went to work, she said "he no need us." I was so crushed, I just kept saying yes he needs us and he'll be home tonight and you'll see him at lunch - I was just babbling non-sense, trying to say something happy b/c she was so sad. She ended her tears with "he'll be home soon" and then Sophie came in and they started chasing eachother. Thank goodness for the lack of focus and short term memories of toddlers! In conclusion, I'm excited about the new car, but sad about no longer carpooling. On a final funny Susannah note, she heard a drill the other day and said "sounds like John Guthrie!" John Guthrie, our contractor - my 2 year old knows our contractor, and the sound of a drill. She's too funny.