Previous Posts

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Michael!

Michael turned 31 today, woohoo!  Susannah and I had a great time making his birthday dessert. This year he asked for a Toll House Pie, which I had never made; therefore, I recruited my munchkin helper :)  I measured each ingredient into seperate bowls and Susannah poured each one into the mixer.  Oh, she absolutely loved this.  She poured the sugar in and squealed, then the flour...another squeal, then the butter...and so on.  It was great watching her squeal with such delight.  And I was so happy that she enjoyed baking with me and that she's able to do so - she's growing up!  I think I have a little sous-chef in the making!

After baking the pie, we made the whip cream....and tasted it, of course!



Susannah always wants me to try whatever dish she's helping me with.  She says "Mommy, try it.  It's so good!"  And yes Susannah, I totally agree - homemade whip cream is the best.


Happy Birthday Daddy!


It takes the family to help with "31" candles, ha!



"Ta-Da!"


Note:  This is the ONLY time I could get her to sit in her chair.  I guess it's ok to only eat pie and whip cream on your daddy's birthday! :)


Happy Birthday Michael! I love you so much and I look forward to celebrating many more joyour birthdays together!