Russell is in 3 day preschool and learning Spanish this semester with Mr. Buthod. He sent me this picture of Russell and Anna singing in front of the class. I am so proud of Russell. He is usually very shy in front of groups, so I was thrilled to see him up in front of class!
Russell and his "big brother" Ben - he keeps Russ buddy in line! :)
Russell's Easter Egg Hunt at school
Girlfriends and sun, simply the best!
Michael started his new job in OKC this month. We are all very excited for him. Congratulations Daddy! (Aren't Susannah's nails pretty? Jamie took her for a manicure, so sweet!)
Notes of encouragement from my sweet girl
Russell earned a Saint card at school. Way to "be a saint" buddy!
My final mystery reading for 1st grade (insert tears here), so I spiced it up a bit and recruited my friend Dana, her daughter Anna, and Russell. Anna has a big sis in this class too. Anna, Russell and Dana dressed up as Ninja Turtles and I dressed as April O'Neal, reporting live from Channel 8 news, haha! We had fun "reporting" the story and Susannah's class loved it. Susannah is in the front row, orange glasses and Russell, Anna, and big sis Sadie are to her right.
We're going to OKC most weekends now that Michael is working there. It's fun to be around our family again! Here are Brooke and Susannah....Sunday dim sum is one of our favorites.
Susannah had her first real audition this weekend! She's auditioning for parts in the "Jungle Book" and "I Think My Mom is a Zombie" - both are camps she's participating in this summer and the productions are at the end. She is old enough this year to audition for an actual part - so exciting! She had me tape her so she could practice, practice, practice (so cute!). She chose a song from her current play, 101 Dalmatians. She said the audition went well but she was super nervous. I'm so proud of her for going into that audition room all by herself and singing alone. I know she did a great job and I can't wait to see the plays this summer!
Susannah is sleeping with a giant - I mean giant - pink hippo under her head. I just had to capture it!
Russell went from sleeping in the car to me carrying him to the sofa and falling back to sleep immediately. He had his new stick man by his side the entire time (thanks Yaya!!). We partied hard over the weekend in OKC, ha!
These 2 little sneakers are snapping selfies these days!
With all the change going on, I'm trying to add some fun things to our routine. One is Tuesdays at Merritt's bakery. We've been going every Tuesday after school this past month and the kids love this little outing. Trust me, they would never let me forget! Susannah gets this dessert each time - she calls it "The Chocolate Matterhorn Mountain"
Homework Complete - yeah Russell!
Russell had his spring program. His class performed "The 3 Little Pigs" and he was a straw peddler. He sang his little heart out and did a fantastic job! Again, I was so proud of him in front of everyone!
A little clip of their show....
After the program, we all went to The Gilcrease Museum to see Susannah's artwork that was chosen to be in the citywide Diocesan Art Exhibit. We also had a great lunch at the Museum restaurant. It was a wonderful, special day with the kiddos, Mimi Jane and Pop, and Yaya and Papa.
Introducing the Prince and Princess of the Brown house in their royal robes (aka beach towels, but I'll play along! :))
We went to the reception at The Gilcrease Museum for Susannah's exhibit and had a great time touring the museum and the kids art area, and then playing outside on the beautiful grounds.
When did Russell grow so tall?!! Wow!
Me and my main squeeze :)
Happy 43rd Anniversary Papa and Yaya! We love you!
Back to OKC and someone's excited about Miss Jamie coming over :) We sure our lucky to have the Lewallen's love!
Love these little giggles!!
