Previous Posts

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015

The crew enjoying the outdoors - Susannah is drawing characters from Arthur; and I'm not quite sure what Russell's up to...eating something?!?
 
 
Leonardo the Ninja Turtle
 
 
 Camryn's Birthday party with Colbie and Maddie - notice Susannah is wearing her "amulet" so she can talk to animals, of course 
 
 
Russell and Michael enjoyed an afternoon at the ball park while Susannah and I were at Pinkitzel for a birthday party.  Afterwards we met up at Guthrie Green for the sprinklers and snow cones. Summer is here!
 
 


 
 
 
"Annie" Camp! Susannah wore one of my dresses from when I was little and I wore it as a hand-me-down from my cousin Whitney.  Our grandmother bought it for her when she was a little girl.  Susannah did a great job performing!
 




 
Russell went to an All-Boys Boot Camp at Monte Cassino - go Saints!
 
 
Look who's 4 years old!!  Happy Birthday Russell!
47" Tall; 54 Pounds
Favorites: Pirates, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, The Three Little Pigs, The Three Mouseketeers, Robin Hood, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Cat in the Hat, PBS Kids
Activities: Swimming, Sword Fighting, Gun Fighting, Fighting in general :), Playing with Susannah, Reading together, Wrestling, Traveling
Facts: Early to Bed, Early to Rise; Loves to read before bed with us (and so do we!); Ask a lot of questions; Likes "BIG" kisses and hugs; Big cuddler; Pronounce "for" as "fur"; Funny; Always trying to learn; Remember Facts about everything
Quotes: "I will pray for you Mommy.  Thank you for your eyes, teeth and necklace.  You're very nice. Will you pray for me?"/
"We can't go to Washington DC because Barack Obama lives there and he will take our money" (thanks Bax)/
"I love Jesus because he is my best friend and he rides a donkey"
 

 
And look who's 7 years old!  Happy Birthday Susannah!!
52" Tall; 55 Pounds
Favorites: Magic Tree House Books, Star Wars, Non-Fiction People, Climates, Animals, Fancy Nancy, Wild Kratts, Disney Princesses, PBS Kids
Activities: Reading, Swimming, Playing with Russell, Theater, Stickers, Creating Plays/Musicals, Traveling, Bike Riding; Make believe with your figurines and toys
Facts: Early to Bed, Early to Rise; Loves to read; Likes To-Do lists and Routine (Miss Independent with her chores!); Very Kind-Hearted; Emotional; Good Teacher to Russell; Music Lover; A joy to hang out with; Like Movies; Dessert girl!
Quotes: "Russell, I can't stay home this afternoon.  I have responsibilities - I am an actress."/
"The best gift from God is that we get to live with Him forever after we live on Earth"/
 
 
Reading to my old American girl doll
 
 
 
We all agreed that it would be fun this year to let the kids plan their own birthday party, and boy were they creative!  They decided to have a Mermaid and Pirate themed swim party. 
Step #1 - Invitations.  We found cute stationary at home and Susannah had the idea to dress up for a picture and then we make the invitations on the computer.  She picked all the colors and helped me design them with the pic.  I think we have a little party planner in the making :)
 
Here is the picture they chose
 
 
I especially loved this one because it captures they're personalities together so beautifully.  Russell makes Susannah laugh a lot, so her big toothless grin is often seen.  And Russell just adores Susannah, plain and simple.  He wants to play with her, be with her - just have her attention all the time.  It's wonderful that he loves her so much and it's definitely a full-time - and fun! - job for big sis. 
 
 
Step #2 - Susannah and Russell chose their napkins online and then we took the napkins to the grocery store to have cookie cakes made. 
Step #3 - Party fun with friends, swimming, pizza, cake, bubbles and swords. 
Happy Birthday Susannah and Russell!!
 
 


Make a wish!
 
 
Handsome sweetness...we love you Russell!
 
 
Giggling girls, having way too much fun! :)


 
 
 
 

Summer Reading Challenge at the Library, completed - way to go!
 
 
Freddy, our pet frog.  He lived for a short while before being "accidently" squeezed to death.  RIP Freddy.
 
 
Kanakuk Kampout for this Kutie
 
 
Snuggle Time while sis is at camp
 
 
Mister "I-don't-need-a-nap"
 
 
Taking care of business - Russell, a water gun, and his hunting dog - take that squirrels!
 
 
Obsessed with the 3 Mouseketeers...I hope this lasts forever, he is so cute running around, singing the song, and sword fighting in his Mickey Ears
 
 
I love how Sophie is laying right in the middle of this epic sword battle
 
 
Cousin Love
 
 
 
Peace out June...it's been way too fun!