Previous Posts

Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Kick-Off!

Following a joyful holiday season, we are back in our routine and finding fun here in Tulsa. 

Russell Joseph Brown - always prepared in his helmet.


I'm obsessed with photographing my kids when they sleep.  I don't know why - maybe it's because they're so peaceful and they sleep in the cutest positions, with the silliest things...who knows.  Turning their lamps off at night just might be the best part of my day - what a precious sight!

Russell and Elmo, his new toy


Wrong-way Russell and his suitcase :)  I guess he's ready for a vacation!


Susannah can sleep anywhere, anytime, and with anything.  There are nights that she asks to have every stuffed animal in bed with her.  Our sleeping beauty.....
 
Naptime, our little curled up butterball...and again with the suitcase!
 



During the week, Russell buddy and I play all morning, eat lunch and then he naps before we pick up Susannah from school.  This works for us, except I hate that I have to wake him up for carpool.  It's no fun to have your nap interrupted, but Russell is a good sport and gets excited to go get big sis. Once he comes out of the fog, he is ready to rock n roll.  Well, one day he told me that he didn't need to nap anymore.  Yeah, right.  But I rolled with it and told him that he could relax and watch a movie during rest time.  Well, the movie was on for 5 minutes and here was little Russell.....


Don't you just love when kids fall asleep "reading"?


And our biggest baby sleeps waaayyy too much!


 Construction vehicles.  Awesome.


Oh yeah, it's school time!  Susannah Jane is ready to rock 2014!  Thanks Yaya for the diamond tights :)  Michael and I feel so blessed to have a daughter who takes on life with such joy, excitement, thoughtfulness and kindness.  We love you so much Susannah!


And time for after-school fun....Susannah is taking yoga this semester with her girlfriends.


Susannah and Russell are taking gymnastics together.


We are exploring all the indoor activities in Tulsa during these cold winter months.  Here we are at the aquarium.



Bundle up!!



Date night!


Susannah is so fashionable these days.  I love that she is getting into jewelry.  It's so fun to watch her dress herself up!


These leaves just won't seem to go away....at least someone is enjoying them!


I have no words for this picture.  I found Russell in Susannah's room and just grabbed my camera the second I saw him...in her vest with a headband wrap around his head.  Thanks for always making me smile Russell!


The kids invited their bear for an afternoon snack too.


Dress Up Fun with our neighbors, Claire & Harper


Russell's pizza masterpiece....pepperoni, sausage, and cheez it's.


Oh, this face!  I just love my son so much!  And the glitter headband is a nice touch, too