....is the best. Words cannot describe how much joy she brings me and Michael. Susannah, always know that we love you so much and that you truly are a blessing to us! In true proud-parent fashion, I must document some recent Susannah-isms. Enjoy!
- She named my car Rainbow and Michael's car Firestar. We are now on a first-name basis with our cars.
- On Halloween, she told each and every trick-or-treater "We've been waiting for you all day!" as she gave out tons of candy.
- "I love being your sweetie pie. When I grow-up, I will be married and have sweetie pies too."
- "Mommy, I love you with my heart. That means I love you alot."
- She asks about heaven and God alot these days....."Will Mimi Jane and Pop be there? Yaya and Papa? Will there be a house there where Sophie and I can live? How long will it take to get there? And she often asks Jesus and God for it not to rain on school days so she can play outside." And my favorite...."Going to heaven will be great. It will be like going to Mimi Jane and Pop's house! When can we go?"
- We bought all her soccer gear the other day and I told her that we need to thank daddy when we get home. "Why?" I did my best to explain that the work hard for the money concept. Fast forward two days, she and Michael are eating breakfast together and Susannah says "Thank you Daddy for working and making money for us." Well, that just melted Michael's heart. He's still talking about it :)
- Michael/Susannah conversation: "Daddy, I'm having babies when I grow up and I hope you and Mommy will come visit." "Yes, of course, what are their names?" She says all girl names here. "What about a boy?" "Oh, I won't have a boy. I guess if I do, he will be Robert and he can play with Russell." "But Russell will be a grown-up too, he'll be Uncle Russ!" Insert a huge laugh from Susannah here. "So, Susannah, you'll go to college first, right?" "Oh yes, I'm going to Rocket college in Texas so I can fly to heaven and meet God."
- Grocery Store, anytime there's another girl, she runs up to her and introduces herself, they usually giggle and twirl and then she tells me that I need to "get with her mommy" and schedule a playdate. OMG, she's like my social coordinator. The funniest part is that almost all the check-out clerks know our family because of my little social butterfly. While I might not be able to keep up with you girl, I wouldn't trade your outgoing, sweet personality for the world Miss Susannah Jane!
- "Um, Susannah I think we've had enough dessert today." "Oh Mommy, I know. I just can't help it. Chocolate is so good." Yes, my dear, yes it is.
- Susannah really helps me alot with Russell. She likes to play with him, bring me things on the changing table, and help with the bedtime routine - she sings to him (so sweet) and picks out stories for him. She also has a great independent streak, so it's nice that she wants to do alot on her own. This helps so much with everyday routine stuff. Thanks Susannah for being such a big helper!
Pink, Pink, Pink, and hearts, and posing, of course!
She is really into coloring and writing her name. She boycotts the letter 'n' at times. I'm not too worried about it, but it does drive her Daddy crazy! I think I'll just call her Su-sa-a-a-h. Haha!
Always ready for a party!
