Previous Posts

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beautiful Girl




Susannah wanted to "fly" like Peter Pan one afternoon while we played outside together.  To me, these pictures somehow capture both her inner and outer beauty.  Perhaps it's seeing her smiling face, lit up with pure joy; this combined with God's sun shining on her, revealing the beautiful light that shines within her little soul.  Susannah, you are a blessing and you shine everyday, so brightly, in my life.  I love you so much.  Thank you for all the joy and smiles you bring to me, Daddy, and Russell.

Some recent Susannah-isms that I must share:

"Susannah, aren't you cold?"  "No Mommy, I have lotion on."

"Mommy, I am going to have a beautiful wedding someday.  I will marry Russell, he is my prince."

"I love you guys very much.  Group Hug!" She then squeezes all of us together into a big family hug.  She often expresses her love for me, Michael, and Russell, saying "I love my Mommy!  And I love my Daddy!  And I love my baby brother Russell!"  It is wonderful to hear.

After she eats her meals, she likes to yell, "Now I have super muscles!" And she flexes her arms and points to where all the healthy food is going to help her body.

"Mommy, we need to nap so we get energy and our teeth don't fall out"

She has now moved a picture of me and Michael to her bedside table and she found a photo book of our wedding pictures that she now keeps in her room, too.  She told me that she keeps the pictures in her room so her friends can see them.

She likes to turn on Russell's mobile, playing classical musical, and put on her ballarina costume to dance for Russell while he is playing in his crib.

She cracks up at Russell all the time...saying "Oh Russell buddy!"  Her giggle is music to my ears.  And she tells him all the time that he is her best friend. 

We were eating lunch together and she told me that she loved being with me.  Then she asked "We'll always be together, right Mommy?"  I wanted to cry, hug her and kiss her - all at the same time!  Her words touched my heart.  What a precious blessing my baby girl is.

And of course, Russell just had to get a picture in the sun too....these days, he wants to do everything that Susannah is doing!