So much is happening these days! First with the seconds: Russell got his second tooth! He also caught his second cold. I loaded up both kids and took Russell to the doctor on Saturday morning after a couple days of bad cold symptoms. It was pouring rain and I think we could have been on candid camara. It was like orchestrating a 3-ring circus in nature's shower. Susannah was loving every minute of the rain, laughing, jumping, squealing...me - not so much! However, she did keep me smiling. When we met with the doctor, Susannah was thrilled to see him. She told him all about Russell's cold and then proceeded to tell him that it was now time to listen to his chest and check his ears. My doctor was trying not to laugh too hard :) And then to top it off she told him that she was Ariel and Russell was King Triton. When Dr. A said "oh really," she said "Dr. Albiek! We are just pretending!" Oh, she was so funny. So, the good news - no ear infection, yeah! Hence, the Copay Cure. All it took was $30 to the doctor and he is feeling so much better already. I am thrilled that Russell is fighting a cold without it ending in an ear infection.
Onto the babbling....on Saturday afternoon, Russell was sitting in his bumbo in the kitchen with us and started to babble "ma-ma-ma-ma." Michael and I freaked out! Watching his little lips smack and then the joy he showed when we applauded him was so fun. I love all these little baby steps. We are so excited to hear him babble and of course when he said it twice, "ma-ma", I claimed his first word! :) Michael and I cheered him on so much that you would have thought he dunked a basketball. So wonderful!
Here are some recent pictures:
Susannah decorated him with pooh stickers. She loves to put stickers on him.
I tried to snap a picture of his new teeth, but this is the best I could do!
I took some pictures of him playing on his playmat. He's so sweet!
So proud to be saying "Ma-Ma!"