My mom and I took Susannah and Russell to a gingerbread party hosted by a church friend. Susannah had a fun time decorating her house. However, she was caught eating candy most of the time!
Our little Gingerbread Girl
Susannah's Masterpiece
Three Generations of Gingerbread House Makers
We tried a picture of all of us, but Russell was so enamored by all the candy on the table that he just squealed, babbled, banged, and grabbed at everything non-stop. So much for having him look at the camara. And as for Susannah, we had pretty much completely lost her to candy by this point. Here she's just eating the head off the poor Snowman that was once in her "front yard". Tempted by sweets...wonder where she gets that from?!?
My little gingerbread man
One last grin for gingerbread houses and candy :)
And now onto the mystery....
Susannah asked repeatedly if she could eat her gingerbread house. I was fine with that until I realized that it was glued to a milk carton. So I told her that unfortunately, she couldn't eat it because of the glue and it is stale candy, yucky. Well we had this conversation for 3 days straight. Then, she took matters into her own hands. We woke up one morning and found this on the playroom floor....
She got up in the middle of the night, ate the house, left it just like this and went back to bed. When she woke-up the next morning we asked her if she ate her gingerbread house and she said "Oh no! My gingerbread house! No, I didn't eat it." Then Michael said, "Ok guys, let's play a game. If you got up in the middle of the night and ate Susannah's gingerbread house, raise your hand." Within 2 seconds Susannah was jumping up and down with her hand waving in the air, joyfully saying "I did! I did!" Mystery solved.