Previous Posts

Friday, December 3, 2010

Dress Up...or Not at all?

So, my hope is that Susannah can find a happy median here.  She is usually in some type of costume or tutu or she's in nothing all.  Case in point, these two pictures.....

I told Susannah it was time to get dressed and she runs off and comes back with this outfit -


What am I to do with Tigger??  I mean I can't keep up with the bouncing! :)  But don't worry, because before you know it, she'll say "Mommy, I'll be back in 2 seconds!" and she holds her hand out and tells me to stay right there.  So, I listen (lead by example, right?) and sure enough 99% of the time she comes back wearing nothing.  Here's an example of a perfectly acceptable outfit to Miss Susannah -


Pink bows and red sparkle shoes, what else does a girl need, right?  Obviously I have to intervene almost daily to help with the outfit selection, but I'm hoping that Susannah begins to steer herself in the right direction!  And let me tell you, at least she has a diaper on in this picture.  She has been full of surprises recently.  Let's just say that I used to not worry when Susannah was off somewhere and really quiet.  Well, now I know she's just working at getting completely naked.  Great, we have a streaker on our hands!

One more thing - Sophie is 5.  For 5 years I have been trying to dress her up for different holidays and occasions and everytime she runs off or paws off what I have put on her.  Susannah decides to decorate her with Christmas stockings and other decor and she just stands there - and wears it all!  Life is so unfair.