Previous Posts

Friday, October 22, 2010

Yes, Cinnamon Rolls!

So, you know those Saturday mornings when you wake up too early and you can't fall back to sleep?  So annoying.  Well that happened to me a couple Saturdays ago, so I went to grocery store.  Call me crazy, but it is the best time to go, honestly.  No traffic, the best parking, the store is practically empty, and I actually think about what I'm buying when I shop by myself....what a novel idea.  While grocery shopping, I found Michael's favorite breakfast treat - pillsbury cinnamon rolls.  He loves them and they serve breakfast in 8 minutes - sold, I buy them.  When I get home, Susannah is waking up and we let her make the cinnamon rolls.  This consists of opening the can and laying each roll on the baking sheet.  So simple, yet so fun.  Just look at her excitement.....(oh, and do you like her new cowboy boot slippers?)


Literally squealing with delight at her rolls :)


Susannah continues on with her adorable sayings...I must write these down:

1) "Want to go outside, babe?"
2) "Look Mommy, I'm flying!" (says this while running through the house in her ladybug costume with her arms out)
3) I rubbed my forehead the other day and Susannah brought me her Boo-Boo bunny and held it to my head so I would "feel better"
4) And the best one of all, this recent conversation between Michael and Susannah:

Susannah runs off with the bag of coffee.
Michael says "Susannah give me the coffee"
Susannah stops immediately, turns to him and says "Daddy, you need to say please when asking for something"
Michael bites his tongue, grits his teeth and says "Susannah, please, bring me the coffee."
Susannah runs it over to him, hands it to him, then pats him on the arm and says "Thank you for listening, Daddy."
And I am still laughing!!