Previous Posts

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Gymnastics

Or as Susannah says "Pumnastics!" I'm not quite sure why the 'g' sound is so difficult for her, but I refuse to correct her because she sounds so cute :)

Susannah and I started a mommy & me class and we attend once a week. These pictures are from her first class. I enjoyed watching Susannah interact in a "classroom" environment. She was very quiet throughout the entire first class and pretty much just stared at everything and everybody. A definite observer. She followed directions, but was hesitant to fully engage.

Fast forward to class #2. Susannah busts through the front door, runs in, takes her shoes off and immediately sits on a star. She tells Miss Sarah she is "ready for gymnastics!" I guess "observation" mode is over - she's ready for action. Looks like Gymnastics will be a favorite for Miss Susannah!

Week 1 on the "Spiderman Handstand" wall. Note the teacher in purple beginning a handstand and then find Susannah. She just wanted to stare at the animals. Week # 2 - she did one! Not kidding, she put her hands down and then put her feet right up on the wall. I couldn't believe it. Maybe next week she'll walk those little feet up the wall??



Week 1 Somersault with the teachers help. Week 2 - started out with assistance and did the last one by herself, yea Susannah!



Trampoline jumping



Staring into the "Pit" The pit is a giant area full of soft shapes and the kids can jump right in and play. In this picture, Susannah is thinking "no thank-you." By yesterday, she was jumping in backwards off my lap.



When we were driving home after class, Susannah said "Mommy, the beam is so fun. Thank you, pumnastics." Oh, melt my heart. I look forward to keeping you all informed of our gymnastics adventures. Off to the OU game now. Boomer Sooner!