Here she is with Miss Lou on her first day.
A cute story about the first few weeks of school....
Week #1 at naptime...Miss Lou and the director said that Susannah seems more comfortable sleeping in a crib with the babies in the nursery (where she slept all summer). So they put her there, with blankee and a team of stuffed animals, and she slept great. I love that they accommodated Susannah's needs - they're so kind.
Week #2 at naptime...Miss Lou tells me she went to the nursery, but didn't go to sleep. So she came back to the 2's room, but didn't go to sleep. The director played with her in the indoor gym while the other kids slept. Miss Lou's exact words "I'm sorry, we had to take her someplace else to play while the other children slept. Susannah just wouldn't stop talking." Yes, you can laugh...our sweet Susannah talks all the time, seriously - it's nonstop. I love it - every bit of it, from her vocabulary, to her questions, to the sound of her sweet voice. However, I was a little embarrassed. My Susannah is the one child who isn't following the class schedule? Oh no! We will have to work on this. My favorite part that literally had me LOL in the car was her daily report sheet. On the nap line, it reads "NO NAP - Never Quit Talking" Welcome to my world ladies.
Week #3 Naptime...Susannah and I spent the entire week talking about rest time and napping when Miss Lou and Miss Deanna say it's time. Well, she napped for 1.5 hours. Go Susannah! So proud of my little girl, my little chatter box :)
Week #4 Naptime...back to nursery. Slept 1 hour, but would only stop talking when she was rocked and put in a crib with the babies. This one will be a work in progress. Or maybe she'll just be in a crib, sleeping in the nursery forever - I'm totally ok with that! :)