We met the Wanstraths and Oehlers at the Morgan's lake house for Labor Day weekend. It was so much fun to see each other and play on the lake. The kids loved the boats and I took them out on jet skis for the first time...Russell liked the speed, Susannah not so much.
Lucas and Susannah playing some morning chess...such a beautiful sunrise on the lake
The lily pad was a huge hit with the kids (and the adults too! :))
For those of us who like to go a little faster, zoom!
They still love to dress up. Their imaginations run wild with costumes, make believe and performances.
Mimi Jane and Pop visited for grandparents day!
And they surprised Susannah as her classroom mystery readers!
Susannah has her first class pet. His name is Squiggles and he is a beluga whale adopted through the WWF endangered animal program. Each weekend a different student takes Squiggles home and journals about all their activities together. Ok, I have never been so nervous about a fake pet, ha! What if we lose him? What if we get him dirty? What if we rip him? Well, it ended up being a very fun weekend and Squiggles went back to school on Monday in one piece :)
After school snacks and playdates with "friends"
Attending Russell's karate practice
Smoothies at the gym
Russell sang in church! Yea Russell!
And of course Squiggles was there....
Susannah chose her favorite pizza place, Hideaway, for Squiggles last meal with the Brown family
Russell and his best buddy, Max Neal....holding hands! I love them!
Daddy date at Coney I-lander - Michael and Russell go to lunch every other Thursday while I get my manicure. Yes, I have a very nice husband, who is an awesome dad too!
Russell's creating cars with wings....genius....I love the mom's (that's me by the way) hat. Sometimes I feel like I should have a hat like that for protection, ha!
Monte Cassino field run for the preschoolers. No words for this crew....I just laugh all the time when around these hilarious kiddos....
