Previous Posts

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This is just a random picture from dinner, but I have to post it because of my happiness. I love our meals together as a family and I especially appreciate that my husband makes them a priority. He makes it a priority to lead us as a family to sit together and enjoy breakfast and dinner together. And when the kids were infants and I was home all day with babies, he blessed me with his company for lunch, almost daily (so wonderful!). He makes it a point to be with us during these times and I love him for it. Mealtime is a precious time to me because we all sit around the table together. Maybe it's for 5 minutes, maybe 30....maybe it's sitting, or standing, or dancing....whatever, we are together. This particular night the kids were bathed and ready for bed (check!), but the meal was way under par (uncheck!)....looks to me like oranges, tortillas, applesauce packets, salsa (for what, though?), and perhaps bowls of leftovers - a complete hodgepodge. Nonetheless, we can't help but be joyful and happy in our togetherness. Laughing, cuddling and capturing the moment. I have to remember this - I must. Together is what matters - being together is what makes my babies smile. And how lucky I am to have a husband, my true love, that sees the importance of our time together. I love you Michael. I love our family. I love being together. Happy Valentine's Day.