Previous Posts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Loving Words

Susannah continues to crack us up and melt our hearts on a daily basis with her sweet words.  I had to write these down:

1) At dinner, she will say "Oh mommy, this is delicious!"  And she almost always tells me thank you for dinner too.  So sweet!

2) She thinks Michael's office is one of the best places ever because whenever we stop by she receives unlimited amounts of candy from everyone.  Therefore, when he leaves in the morning or after eating lunch with us, she always says "Bye Daddy, have fun at work with all of your friends!"  I know Michael enjoys his work, but I don't think it's the exact same "playtime" that Susannah sees it as.  Haha!  She's also very adamant about receiving big hugs and kisses from him before he leaves.  She loves her Daddy.

3) Michael was putting her to bed and in the middle of a prayer she asked "Where's Jesus?"  Michael answers, "He's right here, with us, he's always with us."  Susannah responds, "I don't know Daddy, I don't see him."  She stands up and opens her shutter and says "He's not out there, isn't he at church?  Doesn't Jesus live at church?  I think he's in his nest a church."  Michael responds, "Do you mean the manger, is Jesus in his manger?"  To which she says, "Yes, that's where he is.  I rocked baby Jesus to sleep and he's in his manger at church."

4) I've taken Susannah to my last 3 doctor appts and she has loved coming with me because she gets to talk to Dr. Hager, who she says is "so nice" and she gets to hear baby Brown's heartbeat.  I didn't think she would understand that at all, but after the first time she heard it, she started asking when we get to go back to hear it again.  And when Dr. Hager walks in the room, it's the first thing she asks her too.  When the machine is on and we can hear his heartbeat, her face lights up and she smiles and giggles.  She then always asks Dr. Hager if he can come out now.  Soon, sweetie, I promise!  Of course, after 3 visits to my doctor's office, she knows right where the receptionist keeps the lollipops and stickers.  After each appt, she just bebops right back there to her drawer and chats with everyone in the area.  She is such a social butterfly and very friendly with the staff and nurses - especially since they spoil her rotten with candy! :)

5) "Meeting" - this is where we tell Susannah we're going nowadays whenever we leave her with a sitter.  She's at the age where she wants to know where we are going and wants to go everywhere with us; and even though she usually does, sometimes it's Mommy and Daddy time and she doesn't care much to hear about that reasoning.  So, we just tell her we're going to a meeting and we're happy to say that that must sound really boring because she would much rather stay at home.  But the funny part is is now she will tell me that she's going to a "meeting" and she will be right back.  She usually walks around in a circle and then says "I'm home!"  I ask all about her meetings and am thrilled to hear that they are all good.

6) She has a list of things that she tells me she's going to teach baby brother: how to walk, talk, eat.  One of my favorites is that she must teach baby brother to eat all of his dinner so he doesn't get hungry in the middle of the night.  Do you think she's heard this one before?!  And, for the record, I'm all for her teaching this to him sooner than later, ha!

7) And one of my favorites....about a month ago, Susannah patted my bottom and said "Is baby Brother here, too?"  Um, yeah, obviously I'm growing in more places than one!  I let her know that baby brother is just in my belly, but it must not look that way!

Susannah has been out of school for the past 2 weeks and I have loved having so much time together, especially during since these are our last few weeks as a family of 3.  Susannah is such a joy - a true blessing that makes each of my days better.  She started her MDO summer program this week, and while it's only 2 days a week, I just miss her so much when we are apart.  Susannah's sweet words describe it perfectly when she tells Michael and me "I miss you so much when you leave."  So do we, sweet girl.  We love you very much!

First Day of Susannah's summer MDO program.