Previous Posts

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Sweet Life

Life just keeps getting sweeter with Miss Susannah.  I don't know how else to explain it...Michael and I just find ourselves saying "she's so sweet" all the time.  Being parents is a wonderful gift.

Here are pictures from our fun weekend.  It kicked off with a slumber party at Yaya and Papa's house.  Susannah stayed with them Friday night and had a blast, as always.  Michael and I went to dinner and rented a movie.  Thank you Yaya and Papa!  On Saturday, we played outside and ate dinner on the back porch.  It was great.  We put Susannah to work in the yard - she is still talking about how she helped Daddy "plant seeds" in the garden.  She's comparing herself to Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh.  Too cute!



Yummy dinner!  Michael did a wonderful job grilling out.






Sunday morning after church we picked-up Pho for lunch.  Susannah's still working on how to eat soup, so we ordered her a bowl of sticky rice.  Rice is so messy, but she loves it so we go for it.  How messy, you wonder - just check out these pictures.

Michael and I are talking at the table, we notice it's silent (quite rare when dining with Miss Susannah), and this is why -


Oh my gosh, we were cracking up.  I promise, she was using her spoon at first, but I guess that just wasn't getting the job done fast enough.  Michael grabbed the camara and snapped these photos.  The rice was everywhere!!



"Ta-Da!"  All done.  Rice = Yummy.  And she went to straight to the bath. :)


This picture is from earlier on Saturday.  Susannah painted this picture "for Sophie."  Once finished, she wanted to give it to Sophie, so she put it on her bed.  She was so excited to paint a picture for Sophie and give it to her - such a sweetheart.  Sophie loves her gift too, can't you tell?


I just took this picture.  It's Monday, we were playing in the playroom after lunch and Susannah said "Mommy, I'll be right back."  She came back with her blankie and Robbie, the doll, and then said, "I just need to lay down for 2 seconds."  Well, 2 seconds has now turned into 1.5 hours.  I guess she's recovering from her fun-filled weekend!  Love you Susannah Jane!