Susannah participated in the "Swimmy Swimmers" education class at the zoo last Thursday. She met a turtle for the first time, Myrtle, and she loved him. She was so excited to pet him and feed him and watch him swim. The big question now: how long before the Brown family has a pet turtle? After meeting Myrtle, the kids made a fish bowl craft (her fish is named Dori, of course, and is now proudly displayed in the kitchen next to the real Dori) and then they got to feed the geese and catfish in the pond. Susannah laughed at the site of 100+ catfish begging for food. The class ended with a tour of the aquatics center. Fun times!
Feeding Myrtle
Susannah and I visit the aquatics center almost everytime we go to the zoo. This time though, she was extra giddy about the sea lions and seals. I don't know what it was, maybe the excitement of the class. I snapped these pictures of her watching the seals swim by. Just looking at the pictures makes me smile because I think of her sweet squeals of excitement and laughter. I am so happy that enjoys animals so much.