Previous Posts

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Little Sleeper

Susannah sleeps. And she does it well. As a matter of fact, non-sleeping is my sure-tell sign that something is wrong. I do know how lucky I am to have a sleeper and I am thankful for it, actually VERY thankful. :) Here's a funny story and picture about my little sleeper.

Susannah attends mother's day out of Tuesdays. She loves it, she squeals with delight when we arrive and begs not to leave. Tuesdays are party day for Susannah. That being said, she doesn't nap much at MDO. And for a baby that naps 3-4 hours a day, it takes a toll on her. Therefore when she comes home in the late afternoon, she takes a nice bath and a late cat nap.

Last Tuesday was typical and after bathtime, I put Susannah to bed. Well, she didn't really go to sleep...the party continued on in her crib. She was having alot of fun so I just left her in there and prepared dinner. Around 5:15pm, I noticed silence - complete silence. 5:15 turned into 6 which turned into 7. Finally, Michael and I decided it was time to get her up or she would never go down for bed. We entered into this....



Notice the toys everywhere and the curtain pulled into her crib, even the shade is pulled up. I have no idea how she did all of this...but I told you she was having a party in her crib earlier!

So - here's the funny part - we turned on the lights, started talking to her, Sophie followed and nudged her baby toes....and Susannah did not budge! No kidding, she slept through all of this chaos...now I know where the expression "sleeping like a baby" comes from! Finally around 7:30 she woke-up on her own, happy as can be. She ate dinner with us and played a little. She was back in bed by 8:30 and slept 12 hours that night. Like I said, she's a sleeper.